Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2007 Supra Launch 22SSV 340hp Indimar

Exact same issue several years ago on a carbureted 351. I finally found the problem to be fuel related. Fuel with ethanol will vaporize at a lower temp than without ethanol ... if you know you have a good carburetor and ignition setup, then you have to look at what has changed and it was the fuel. After running the motor and shutting it down, the temp goes up and the fuel vaporizes. To resolve this, I removed the 1" cast iron carb spacer and replaced it with a phenolic one to isolate some of the heat from the motor. I also insulated the fuel line between the pump and carb. This resolved the problem ... completely. It's also a good practice to prop open the engine cover on direct drive models between sessions, when convenient.
    One thing to be aware of is that the factory cast iron intake has an opening for exhaust gas recirculation that gets blocked by the cast iron carb spacer. The phenolic spacer will burn through after a few seasons ... found this out the hard way. Finally I ended up replacing the intake with a NON-EGR Edelbrock Performer so the phenolic spacer is no longer prone to melting which will result in a huge vacuum leak!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

2007 Supra 22SSV 340hp Indmar

Hello, I would like to thank every one's reponse to my issue, I think that the fuel is heated up and won't reach the injector as fuel only vapor.
    Now I turn on the blower and open the hood and let it run for a bit before shutting it off to let it cool down.
    So far it seems to work.

Thankx
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyp View Post
    Hello, I would like to thank every one's reponse to my issue, I think that the fuel is heated up and won't reach the injector as fuel only vapor.
    Now I turn on the blower and open the hood and let it run for a bit before shutting it off to let it cool down.
    So far it seems to work.

Thankx
    Michael
    Thanks for letting us know what you found. So many posts where people ask for help,find the fix for their boat and never say what they found.

I use a prop rod to vent the motor box if the boat is sitting idle for very long between sessions with no one in it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by csuggs; 07-24-2021 at 07:32 AM.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Thanks for the advice! free fire for pc jiofi.local.html
    Last edited by rathoreshubhamm8; 08-13-2021 at 06:28 AM.