Default make heater hotter

Has anyone added on a circulator ( Top Flo 20-005 ) to the side going into the heater core to bring in more water.
    Thankx
    Mikep

I've been thinking about adding a circulating pump as well but haven't pulled the trigger. My understanding is that it would provide more heat during idle speeds but not at higher speeds, but I could be wrong

The heater I made for my Saltare puts out plenty of heat even at idle. Mine is plumbed from the top of the intake before the thermostat, through the heater core, and returning to a T fitting in the raw water intake hose. I believe my water pump in a Sherwood G55, I don't know how flow rate or pump RPM compares to other setups, but this pump seems to flow plenty at idle to provide heat. If you determine flow rate is the issue I'd be more inclined to replace the raw water pump with a higher flowing unit or change the pulley size to spin it a bit faster, before adding a circulating pump.

I did the thermostat from a 145* to (I think) a 160* which made a big difference. I believe the old style PCM 454 thermostats are NLA, so whenever this one fails I'll have to convert to the newer style housing that uses a standard automotive thermostat. In any event, if you run in fresh water a 160*-180* thermostat is fine, 145* is common from the factory as it prevent salt water from crystalizing and restricting coolant passages.