Default 21 SA 450 Display screen dead at 5 hours

Hey All,

I just traded my 06 launch 24ssv for a NEW 2021 SA450 with 1 hour.

2nd trip out, up to around 5 hours, all is well, then suddenly the right display (that controls most everything) goes dark while in operation.

Both batteries showing 14 volts w/ engine running, all connections at batteries and under dash seem fine. Wiggling all of them with someone watching screen doesn't yield any signs that a connection is loose. Powered on/off several times, turned batteries on/off several times, charged batteries overnight via on-board charger (readings out of the water are 12 and 13v).

If I maneuver such that sunlight shines directly on screen, I can make out a little bit of the letters/shapes. Looks like the old school green screen CRT (black background, weak green letters/shapes). If sunlight not directly on it, appears all black.

I was able to match screens with the owner's manuals to get ballast tanks emptied and autowake off, and it appears that the screens will change between various modes so it seems like functionality is there, just can't operate it. Only other odd thing I noticed was that stereo buttons on the steering wheel seem to only work intermittently.

Due to boat "shortages", I had to buy it out of territory. Selling dealer is 5+ hours 1-way. Nearest dealer is only 45 minutes away but doesn't seem very interested in servicing it even though they had NO boats of ANY kind to sell me last month -- said they "might" be able to look at "before the 4th of July". Next closest dealer is 4.5 hours 1-way and says if I bring it they'll try to fit it in - seem very accommodating, just a long ways away.

So hoping someone has a quick tip to get us running again. Boat is basically just a cruiser so our upcoming weeklong houseboat trip is in jeopardy.

Thanks much!
    John
    2021 SL 450
    2006 Launch 224SSV GG - SOLD

Not a common issue.

On my 18 SL (different screen system), when I had a Stereo issue with the screen, I powered off the batteries, let it sit for a few mins, turned the key to run, let the system cycle, then started the boat.

I had my camera not working in reverse. I changed the inline fuse - that did not work. The dealer reflashed the screen software and checked wire connections - that did not work. Had to get a new backup camera. Warranty issue b/c moisture was getting in there.

I was going to mention to check your battery voltage, but you did that.

Sorry to hear the dealer is so far. I’m spoiled with one 15 mins down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for the response.

I drove the 4+ hours yesterday and dropped her off.

Just FYI: service manager said that this is the 5th boat so far this year that they've had in for display/computer issues. Some were dash displays, at least 2 were the starboard displays - but 1 was a bad computer, not just the display.

If Skier's Choice is listening.... PLEASE bring back the "manual" controls for wake plate and ballast tank toggle switches, and add Autowake and SwellSurf override switches, so that if the ~fancy~ electronics (displays/computer) go out, we can still use our boats. Without the display/computer, they are crippled. Thanks!

BTW, for anyone out there wondering about the new transom thrusters.... they are AWESOME. They're like a cheat code for video games!
    2021 SL 450
    2006 Launch 224SSV GG - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by JT_Supra24SSV View Post
    BTW, for anyone out there wondering about the new transom thrusters.... they are AWESOME. They're like a cheat code for video games!
    Yea, been reading some good reviews. People are liking them.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Agree thrusters are awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk