Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default Service & Repair Recommendation

    Hey all, I live in the St. Louis area and I am looking for a recommendation for a location where I can take my 1990 Supra Sunsport for some minor floor repair and recarpeting. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    St. Louis , MO
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdvanput View Post
    Hey all, I live in the St. Louis area and I am looking for a recommendation for a location where I can take my 1990 Supra Sunsport for some minor floor repair and recarpeting. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Iím in Imperial and had a tough time finding anyone to do boat repair.
    I did find a guy in Jefferson county who would do floor and stringer repair. My 89í Conbrio needed both complete. Was going to run about $4000.00
    for the work. I wound up selling it and bought my 04í. I had my 89í 24 years.
    BTW- Donít be shocked if you have someone attempt a minor repair and it turns into a whole new floor and stringers.
    Last edited by secondsupra2004; 06-26-2021 at 01:14 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secondsupra2004 View Post
    Iím in Imperial and had a tough time finding anyone to do boat repair.
    I did find a guy in Jefferson county who would do floor and stringer repair. My 89í Conbrio needed both complete. Was going to run about $4000.00
    for the work. I wound up selling it and bought my 04í. I had my 89í 24 years.
    BTW- Donít be shocked if you have someone attempt a minor repair and it turns into a whole new floor and stringers.
    Hey thanks for the reply. I am taking the boat to a guy named Charles at Midwest Marine Fiberglass near. Dittmer, MO. I am hopeful he can repair and itís not too extensive. Iíll keep this post updated with what happens!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    St. Louis , MO
    Posts
    133

    Default

    I'm pretty sure thats the guy I talked with back in 2019. He said he had worked on Supras in the past. Good luck.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Hereís an update. New floor and stringers all around. Going to put Seadek flooring in instead of carpet once heís done with the repairs. Hopefully this wonít take more than a month

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    St. Louis , MO
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdvanput View Post
    Here’s an update. New floor and stringers all around. Going to put Seadek flooring in instead of carpet once he’s done with the repairs. Hopefully this won’t take more than a month
    Sounds good. Please post some pics when you're done.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Hereís a bunch of pictures of the floor restoration so far. At this point all of the foam and wood has been removed from both sides minus what the motor is mounted to. The motor will come out soon so that can be replaced as well.

    100_2660.jpg
    100_2659.jpg
    100_2658.jpg
    100_2654.jpg
    100_2655.jpg

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    St. Louis , MO
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Wow, he's not wasting any time is he. The pics are kinda small, but it looks like a lot of rotten wood. It'll be like new when you get it back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •