Default Surf tabs 06 21V

I’m looking at the wake-worx super surfer system and the go surf assist system. Can anyone here with first hand experience comment on them? It seems like a nice upgrade but I’m curious if it’s worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread but I’m curious if anyone has used any of the tab systems and can speak to how they work compared to a suction style stick on surf gate. I’ve been considering getting one or making one for my 05 Launch 21V.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbornejay View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I’m curious if anyone has used any of the tab systems and can speak to how they work compared to a suction style stick on surf gate. I’ve been considering getting one or making one for my 05 Launch 21V.
    I had the Wakeland Surf tabs on my 2007 Supra. Same company that builds all the Supra or Moomba Tab systems.

My 2007 was a harder hull to mount b/c the transom is notched, thus presented some issues with the tabs in the UP position. Had to raise the swim platform too.

Cost - Tabs are expensive - all tab systems. If you are not handy, you have to pay for tabs, then the install.
    Suck gates are very inexpensive.

Resale - When I sold my boat with tabs, it made my boat stand-out VS the other boats for sale, but really does not make the boat 'worth' more.

Performance - suck gates work very well with a variety of weights.
    Tabs you need weight or the wave gets washy You probably get more push from tabs, but I would doubt most surfers would feel this.

My tabs would go to the auto UP once the boat was going > 15mph. So I could use them to get on plane with heavy weight when wakeboarding.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for the info. If I go the tab route I’ll do the install myself. I’m looking at the long term. I plan on keeping my boat for as long as I can. I’ll most likely run the suck gate I made for awhile and get the ballast system dialed in and stereo upgrades done first. Do tabs vs Suck gates make a difference in the size of the wave or is that all about ballast? Would weighting the boat be pretty much the same either one?
    Thanks again for your info.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbornejay View Post
    Thanks for the info. If I go the tab route I’ll do the install myself. I’m looking at the long term. I plan on keeping my boat for as long as I can. I’ll most likely run the suck gate I made for awhile and get the ballast system dialed in and stereo upgrades done first. Do tabs vs Suck gates make a difference in the size of the wave or is that all about ballast? Would weighting the boat be pretty much the same either one?
    Thanks again for your info.
    Yea, Tabs were my last upgrade. I did a lot on my 2007 Supra: Upgraded Ballast > Updated Pumps > Wet Sounds Stereo System > Upgraded Interior Lights > Transom Lights > Surf Swim Platform > FAE > Tabs.

Ballast will determine the wave size.

Suck gates can run at different weights. Cleaning up the wave is simple as moving a few people/bags around. I usually carried lead bags to move around the cockpit to make adjustments.

Tabs have to have a lot of weight. I still carried the bags for the add'l weight and for clean up. I still do that on my SL.

There is a good thread on the Moomba page about a guy that built his own tabs. Basically copied the Evolution Tabs. Cool to read b/c he tried a few versions and had some pics for the waves and the weight he ran. Plus he talked about what worked and did not work during his building process.
    2018 Supra SL400