Default Two speedometers, one sensor??

I just purchases a used 2003 Supra Launch. We absolutely love the boat - it was just what we have been looking for for years. It does, however have a few things that we wonder about:

1. We noticed that the two speedometers will falter at the same time. Getting under the boat i can only find one sensor. What's the point of having two speedometers and only one sensor?

2. The boat takes on a small amount of water all the time. I probably pump out half a gallon each morning, and when we are underway, it seems even to get into the bilge even more. Is this normal?

3. The steering is unbelievably tight. Although I'm getting a great workout for my biceps, this too seems to be a bit much. I found on some threads that talk about replacing the steering cable which we are going to do. Hope this fixes it.

4. Intermittent instruments. The volt meter seems to work only once in a while when it feels like it, and the tachometer seems completely dead. (Although the hour meter is ticking along just fine) Any thoughts/comments?

I appreciate any comments/information that anyone might have, thanks.

I have an 02 Launch. Also have the one sender for 2 guagaes, 1 being perfect pass. No problems with it "faltering" though. You are talking about the paddle wheel type, correct? As to the water, check your packing on the shaft. could need adjustment. The book states it should drip a "little", but you may be taking on more than is needed. It isn't TOO hard to replace. The guage problem is going to be a ground (multiple guages affected). Start checking every ground wire for corrosion. One thing I do with this is use a volt meter. put one side on the battery negative terminal, use the other to check your ground leads. If the contact is good, should read less than 1 VDC.
    Jamie Warwick
    Rowlett Texas
    2002 Supra Launch 22

Default One sensor..

Why have two speedometers, then? What's the point?

Default one sensor

Do you have the perfect pass? I have two speedo's, but one is mechanical and one is electronic. The electronic is the perfect pass. Neither works on the water pressure method, both use the paddle wheel which is much more accurate. I did run into a problem Saturday where a little piece of algae got stuck in it, but I swam underneath, cleaned it and it is as good as new. If both are mechanical (tube type) I would think that two pickups would be standard, but this is the first Supra I have owned (VERY happy with it).
    Jamie Warwick
    Rowlett Texas
    2002 Supra Launch 22