Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wake shaper preferences

I have an 07’ Supra Sunsport and am looking to buy a wave shaper, thoughts on the best one?

We bought the Nauticurl a couple months ago. The customer service was excellent. Give them a call and they will answer any questions you have. They aren’t pushy sales people, but they are really excited about their product.

I have been very impressed with how much it has helped. My 21V will never create the wake that today’s new boats create, but the Nauticurl works pretty well for us. We can toss the rope away with no problems. I fill both rear bags and the center bag to capacity. I leave the bow bag empty. Still playing around with the setup, but right out of the box the product gave us a night and day difference in our wake.

The product does float, but I tie it to an orange life vest so it will be easier to find if it does come off the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Supra Launch 21V
    --2011 Z71 Suburban
    --2020 Z71 Suburban

Weatherford TEXAS

Quote Originally Posted by Launch21V View Post
    We bought the Nauticurl a couple months ago. The customer service was excellent. Give them a call and they will answer any questions you have. They aren’t pushy sales people, but they are really excited about their product.

I have been very impressed with how much it has helped. My 21V will never create the wake that today’s new boats create, but the Nauticurl works pretty well for us. We can toss the rope away with no problems. I fill both rear bags and the center bag to capacity. I leave the bow bag empty. Still playing around with the setup, but right out of the box the product gave us a night and day difference in our wake.

The product does float, but I tie it to an orange life vest so it will be easier to find if it does come off the boat.

this is very helpful!
    Thank you!

This is very helpful!

Thank you!

Hey Jeff,

I had theSWELL Wakesurf Creator 2.0 and had no complaints, but i decided to upgrade to the Swell H3X Plus. Wish I had a photo to show, but everyone who has tried to get up has been able to surf behind the boat. I would recommend it and the customer service at Swell has been top-notch!
    06 Supra Sunsport 24V w/325 MPI Assault

Default Wake shaper preferences

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L. View Post
    I have an 07’ Supra Sunsport and am looking to buy a wave shaper, thoughts on the best one?
    Did you check out surf mode? Bryan did a lot of testing on the 22 hull, he owns one.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 07-11-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for the response! I ended up going with the Nauticurl, arrives on Saturday evening. Hope to get out on Sunday and give it a whirl.

Jeff

I went with your suggestion on the Nauticurl, curious how you attach the orange life vest? Sounds like a great idea, just having a difficult time visualizing how you do it without impeding it’s performance.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ht=Wake+shaper

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...of-wake-shaper

I still use a $140 wake shaper. Still have a mega wave. You guys way overspend for name brand equipment.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L. View Post
    I went with your suggestion on the Nauticurl, curious how you attach the orange life vest? Sounds like a great idea, just having a difficult time visualizing how you do it without impeding it’s performance.
    I just tie thin piece of rope to both the Nauticurl and the vest. I leave the vest in the boat. If the Nauticurl departs the side of the boat it will pull the vest out with it. I could probably find a cleaner setup, but that’s what I’m doing for now. I’ll try to get a better picture tomorrow.

2008 Supra Launch 21V
    --2011 Z71 Suburban
    --2020 Z71 Suburban

Weatherford TEXAS