Default Indmar v drive drain plug?

7B9A2956-B6A1-4376-AA03-45EEB9440766.jpg

The fluid in the v drive is a little milky. I am assuming some water got in through the yellow dip stick.

I plan to use a pump to suck as much of the fluid out as possible, but I assume some will remain.

There appears to be a drain plug on the back side (facing aft) of the drive.

It has a hex head.

Is it possible to remove this and drain the residual fluid?

Is replacing the plug as simple as tightening it back in?

The drain plug on my 2005 V drive is a square head, similar to the 2 square head water drain plugs up at the top of the drive.

If your looking for the drain for the oil it’s in the port side with and oil line going through it. When you pull it off you’ll see an oil screen as well. I had water in mine. Had to clean all that out and then it took a few oil changes until I got all the water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    If your looking for the drain for the oil it’s in the port side with and oil line going through it. When you pull it off you’ll see an oil screen as well. I had water in mine. Had to clean all that out and then it took a few oil changes until I got all the water out.

Thanks I will check it out tonight. So to make sure I understand, there is actually an oil line going through the drain?

Also I assume this means the insert in my photo is not the drain?

I am assuming your V-Drive is the Walter V-Drive. The picture I attached shows the oil line and strainer location. Now if your talking about the transmission that’s between the V-Drive and engine then that is a different drain plug.

Interesting. My Walther doesn't have any of those fittings...2005 24ssv. It has a simple square head plug at the very bottom. the only hoses are for water to enter and exit at the top. It's almost comical how many drain plugs are shown in your picture above!
    Last edited by CJD; 07-08-2021 at 06:49 PM.

I am assuming your V-Drive is the Walter V-Drive. The picture I attached shows the oil line and strainer location. Now if your talking about the transmission that’s between the V-Drive and engine then that is a different drain plug.

No it’s the indmar v drive. Not a Walter

My bad. I didn’t know Indmar built there own V-Drive.

My bad. I didn’t know Indmar built there own V-Drive.

No problem, how did you find that sheet you attached in your post?

My boat is a ‘15 SE450 with the indmar 440 raptor and the indmar v drive.

I’d like to get more documents for service, and specifically for the process to flush and fill the coolant.

:Update: on the v drive…

I went ahead with removing the drain plug in my photo.

For others, it’s a 9mm hex.

It is a magnetic drain plug

I removed the plug after sucking as much of the fluid out the hole for the dipstick. I had success with a large “syringe” tool I had for pulling automotive fluid.

It got the majority out, roughly a quart with two rounds.

I plan to refill it give it a short run and inspect again. I anticipate it will get a little milky again and I will repeat the process until it’s clean.

Quote Originally Posted by morebits View Post
    No problem, how did you find that sheet you attached in your post?

My boat is a ‘15 SE450 with the indmar 440 raptor and the indmar v drive.

I’d like to get more documents for service, and specifically for the process to flush and fill the coolant.

:Update: on the v drive…

I went ahead with removing the drain plug in my photo.

For others, it’s a 9mm hex.

It is a magnetic drain plug

I removed the plug after sucking as much of the fluid out the hole for the dipstick. I had success with a large “syringe” tool I had for pulling automotive fluid.

It got the majority out, roughly a quart with two rounds.

I plan to refill it give it a short run and inspect again. I anticipate it will get a little milky again and I will repeat the process until it’s clean.
    Well my 06 had all the manuals, parts specs etc. really nice to have. I couldn’t find much info on the Indmar. Maybe call them. I found a little bit of info in their 2015 user manual. If you don’t have that then you can download it on their site. Also found a little service bulletin for servicing.

https://www.shoptalkbyindmar.com/ser...ission-service

https://www.indmar.com/operator-manuals/wake-series/