Default ‘87 Comp dash and switches

My ‘87 comp is starting to have switch issues, it seems like a few of the breaker switches are failing and won’t turn on unless I hold them in. I know skidim has the oe style replacements, but is there something better I can replace with? Maybe a backlit round rocker switch of some sort?

Also, does anyone have recommendations on how to replace a dash on these boats? My dash frame is fine but the sun has destroyed the black fabric covering. Not sure if it can be reupholstered or not.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidst69 View Post
    My ‘87 comp is starting to have switch issues, it seems like a few of the breaker switches are failing and won’t turn on unless I hold them in. I know skidim has the oe style replacements, but is there something better I can replace with? Maybe a backlit round rocker switch of some sort?

Also, does anyone have recommendations on how to replace a dash on these boats? My dash frame is fine but the sun has destroyed the black fabric covering. Not sure if it can be reupholstered or not.

Thanks in advance!
    The circuit breakers at SKIDIM should last you a long time and they will fit right in without modifications to your dash. There are countless other switches you can replace with though. No idea on recovering the dash, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by secondsupra2004 View Post
    The circuit breakers at SKIDIM should last you a long time and they will fit right in without modifications to your dash. There are countless other switches you can replace with though. No idea on recovering the dash, sorry.
    Off hand, do you know which size switches I need? Maybe I can just call skidim before I tear it apart

They are all the same "size", but you'll need to pick the right amperage. There was a user on here a while ago that completely redid their dash and replaced all the circuit breakers/switches with rocker buttons and circuit breakers. It looks REALLY good. Thinking about redoing mine like his this winter.

By size I meant amperage, but yes I want to redo the entire dash. I crawled up under the dash just now and I can’t find the amperage on most of the switches. The bilge is 20amp but that’s all I can read