Thread: New member

Default New member

Hello everyone newbie here, I am looking at a 1984 Supra ts6m later today and was hoping someone here could give me some pointers on what to look for to make sure the boat is solid and a decent price for what he is asking (4000)

Check the bolts (lag screws) that hold the motor mounts to the stringers. If they're loose or will not tighten, then you're looking at a repair that will cost more than what you're going to give for the boat.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jcollins1269 View Post
    Hello everyone newbie here, I am looking at a 1984 Supra ts6m later today and was hoping someone here could give me some pointers on what to look for to make sure the boat is solid and a decent price for what he is asking (4000)
    Sold my 89’ Supra 2 years ago. It needed new flooring and stringers. Price to have it done was $3500-$4000. All the Supras up until 91-92 had wooden floors and stringers. Don’t buy someone elses problems.
    Last edited by michael hunter; 07-11-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Thank you, boat checked out good but I live in Texas and he didn’t have a title since he was from Arkansas so all he had was registration and no paperwork on the trailer stringers were solid though

There are two kinds of older Supras those that have had stringers replaced and those that need stringers. Todays pricing is closer to 5-7k. If it doesn't come with a documented stringer job with lots of pictures you must assume it needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    There are two kinds of older Supras those that have had stringers replaced and those that need stringers. Todays pricing is closer to 5-7k. If it doesn't come with a documented stringer job with lots of pictures you must assume it needs one.
    Well said Mr. Hunter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com