Thread: Boat Rental

Default Boat Rental

Just enjoying some Sunday morning reading and looked at news articles about the hot boat market. At one point in time I owned a sailboat and belonged to a club. The club was approached by people who wanted to become members and rent or crew on owners boats. I know there are boat clubs near the coasts, but does anyone have thoughts as to renting their Supra or taking out customers. I realize this opens up a whole list of issues such as insurance (boat, medical, umbrella, business), fuel, business licenses, fuel, damage, fuel, provisions… don’t forget - fuel. Let me know your thoughts.

The best way to take a nice boat and turn it into a POS in one season or less is to rent it out. It takes years to of experience to become a good driver . Remember when you started ?

Rent it out with you as the Captain. That way the driving skill is in place and the renters can focus on having fun.

Make sure you have the proper licensing and insurance you will be liable for everyone you take out.

People have talked about this on social media too. Yes, insurance, license, and waiver forms . . . . either renting with or without you . . . . . that all sounds good until the first time someone gets hurt and lawyers get involved. It's a wake boat, so the activity on the wake boat leads to the greater chance of getting hurt vs something like a pontoon that just chugs around the lake. Somebody will be going after you. Is that worth it - you make the call.

With these new Supra Boats and the New Technology - no way. More stuff to break. More stuff to properly learn how to operate.
    2018 Supra SL400