Thread: Draining Gas

Default Draining Gas

I could use a little help figuring out how to drain my gas. Forgive how dirty the tank is, I have not had a chance to clean it yet. Is this correct?
    1. Return line to tank
    2. Out of tank to fuel pump
    3. Fuel level sensor
    4. No idea

So my question is, how do I drain the gas out of this tank? Do I remove one of these 4 things and stick in a siphon hose? Or do I use line number 2 to get the gas out of the tank and into storage, like a gas can?
    I let my Marina fill my gas tank and it started to vapor lock. I'm pretty sure this is bad gas and has to go.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

No idea which line is which on 1 & 2. You'll have to trace one back to the fuel pump. Number 3 is the sending unit. Number 4, not a clue. You could disconnect the fuel line coming out of the pump, and plumb in a hose to run into your gas cans. You can disconnect the hot wire from the harness at the pump and run a single wire from your positive side of the battery to the pump with an alligator clip. This way you could drain it with your fuel pump. Make sure everything is well ventilated while doing that. I would add a cheap in-line fuse to the hot lead just in case. Getting rid of 20-30 gallons of fuel is a PITA.

Update: took out the fuel level sender and drained it out of that hole. Put all that shit in my truck!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon

Looks like you found a good solution. Did you figure out what the #4 bump was in the pics?