Default Boat Not Starting - Very Infrequently

5.7 Indmar engine with fuel injection will very infrequently not start (once during 4 hours of wakeboarding). After running fine, turn off engine (5 minutes max) to switch riders and when I try to start up it turns over well, idles briefly then stalls, after few attempts it will turn over but not start. Tried putting and neutral then gunning it but again stalls. Wait a few minutes then it starts right up and runs fine. I replaced the fuel filter which was surprisingly dirty and added Heat in case there was water in the fuel. Ran fine a few weeks, then did it again Friday (last time on boat). I just replace the fuel filter again just to see how bad it was it seemed very clean.

It acts like vapor lock but the fuel filter and fuel line does not feel hot when I check it

Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Tom

First sounds like vapor lock, but that should not happen after a few mins.

Fuel pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

There are similar threads on this forum. Mine used to do the same thing .. fuel with ethanol vaporizes at a lower temperature than without ethanol. I replaced my cast iron carburetor spacer with a phenolic one and insulated the fuel line from the pump to carburetor. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

typically fuel injected motors don't get vapor lock, carb engines very common....

Quote Originally Posted by csuggs View Post
    There are similar threads on this forum. Mine used to do the same thing .. fuel with ethanol vaporizes at a lower temperature than without ethanol. I replaced my cast iron carburetor spacer with a phenolic one and insulated the fuel line from the pump to carburetor. Problem solved.

2020 Supra SA450
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV (SOLD)

Good point, I expect that's true.

Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com