Hello all. I am a new member to the Supra Forum. Very Used to the forums as I have owned tow boats my whole life having many different brands. Very familiar with team talk, wake world, Tige and Moomba Forums. I have owned north of a dozen inboards.

I've been out of the game for a few years and started back last year. Purchased a 1995 Brendella pro comp we had been using up until a few weeks ago. Really liked the boat, but as a closed bow we finally decided over the 4th of July Holiday we needed a bigger boat. 5 people in a closed bow with boards just isn't that fun.

So we sold the Brendella and found a 1996 Sunsport. I'm fairly familiar with the hull having spent plenty of time behind a riding partners original Launch from 1999. We really like the size and layout of the boat. I've always liked the Sunsport/ Launch hull for its size and depth.

As everyone knows used boats are at a 20 year low so it's tough to be as picky as I would have liked to be. So the boat does need a little love. The hull is in really nice shape and from my experience I believe the 1996 is an all fiberglas boat, having the curved windshield versus the square. The interior is a bit wore and we are going to start with doing all seat bottoms as most of the backs and the bolsters are pretty decent. I am going to add a tower as I don't want the cable of an extended pylon. Here's the not so perfect. Boat has 1378 hours. 2 owner boat that seems to have been very well maintained. Prior owner owned for 6 years and was pretty anal about maintenance. I water tested the boat and it runs very well. I put it thru it's paces and didn't run into anything that concerned me. Honestly the only thing that says 1400 boat to me is the interior. It hasn't been beat, just shows wear. It came with a very solid 2006 Supra badged Boatmate trailer. End of the day $9500 seemed like a solid buy.

Opening questions. Anything I need to watch for in this era Sunsport? Does anyone know specs on the PCM carb motor of this era? The engine cover says its an EFI GT40 Pro Boss, but it has a Holley carb on it so I am guessing the original owner put that on(plastic cover over the air filter) as the guy I bought it from said it was in the boat. Can anyone suggest starting weight set ups for wake boarding and possibly surfing? My plan over the coming months is to add a tower, perfect pass, update/ upgrade stereo and likely plumb in some semi permanent ballast. Suggestions to these would be awesome. Also planning on doing all seat bottoms when my upholstery guy has some time.

Thanks in advance for any input.