Thread: Shifter handle

Default Shifter handle

I think my shifter handle is broken on my 2004 Supra Launch. I can't find anyone in Oklahoma that has one. I don't see a brand name or part number on it. Does anyone know where I can order one and what brand? Or are they universal? I am not much of a mechanic but I think I can "handle" this one on my own as long as I get the right part.
    Kate

Can you share a picture?

Is it cable or wire operated ? Check Morse controls at skidim.

I just upgraded my 1985 vintage Morse control to a new Sea Star Solutions CH2200P one from Skidim ($300 plus nearly a whole day to install it). It looks great. My old Morse handle has a rectangular black plastic piece in place of a round knob (left shifter in picture). Later models were MV-2's with round knobs, but these have been replaced by the model I purchased (MV-3?). You may be able to find a used handle on eBay for one, but used MV-2's are very hard to find and not cheap. I had hoped to replace my dated looking handle with a more modern style and found the one on the right on eBay that was from a Morse electronic control system, but the handle wouldn't clear the neutral shift knob when extended. Hard to see how the handle broke unless the set screw was not properly seated and the splines on the aluminum post got stripped off. In that case, you're looking at a whole new unit.

Morse Controls.jpg