Default Clicking in the Gas Tank - 99 Santera

My dad owns a 1999 Supra Santera and there is clicking coming from in the gas tank. it died while we were on the water, and we were able to get it started again but later once we were at the dock it would turn over and take multiple tries to get it started again. additionally if we just turned the key to the on position you can hear the clicking. would this be the fuel pump?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

also if it is the fuel pump is it in the tank and how do you get at it?

I don’t have a 99, but I do have a 2000. There is no in tank fuel pump on mine. The pickup and return feeds are plumbed in through the top and only the level sensor is in the tank. If it is like mine there is a low pressure pump on the “front” of the engine near the transom with a water separator under it, and an inline filter between the pump and fuel rails on the intake. Do you have the floor panel off above the fuel tank (between the captain and observer seat)?

Quote Originally Posted by nick 55 View Post
    I don’t have a 99, but I do have a 2000. There is no in tank fuel pump on mine. The pickup and return feeds are plumbed in through the top and only the level sensor is in the tank. If it is like mine there is a low pressure pump on the “front” of the engine near the transom with a water separator under it, and an inline filter between the pump and fuel rails on the intake. Do you have the floor panel off above the fuel tank (between the captain and observer seat)?
    yes, we have that exact set up so we aren't thinking its the fuel pump anymore.

this is what its doinghttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/610433e1...1198594796.mp4