Default 97 SunSport direct drive PCM 351w (Stumbling)

My 97 SunSport has been stumbling. It starts about 5-15mins after I put in the water. No backfire. It feels like a sudden bleep loss of power and repeats then it may smooth out for a bit. Also seems like its not producing the power it should. Once I start pushing throttle on and off like pulling a skier it starts in with the stumble, still a few minutes of running good at first of the day.

I've changed the fuel filter in the FCC and the hose to the pump inside is a black fuel line not the clear hose that produced problems for others.

Fuel pressure is at 35psi via Schrader valve on the fuel rail.

I am wondering if it could be the electric fuel pump inside the FCC? how do I test this to see if it is working properly? I hear the pump kick on when I turn the key to on position.

All of the injectors are clicking.

New spark plugs.

I feel like this is a Fuel issue due to the way it just cuts power for a second and returns.

Here is the pump inside the FCC I think could be the problem.
    IMG_8456.jpg

Help Please

Your fuel pressure is a little on the low side, should be 39psi + or -3. Hotwire the pump and run it for 5-10 minutes and see if the pressure stays at 35 or gradually drops off. The link is to a photo of where to ground pumps to run with key on, engine off. Let us know what you find.

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/foru...eing-triggered
    agetech
    89 Comp
    Restored to "Better than New"

Quote Originally Posted by agetech View Post
    Your fuel pressure is a little on the low side, should be 39psi + or -3. Hotwire the pump and run it for 5-10 minutes and see if the pressure stays at 35 or gradually drops off. The link is to a photo of where to ground pumps to run with key on, engine off. Let us know what you find.

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/foru...eing-triggered
    Thank you!
    The pumps are working and fuel pressure is at 35 + a few when throttled.

I tested plug wires with a multimeter. they are all good as well.

After searching endlessly online I found a thread where a few people are having the same symptoms.

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...intermittently

It sounds like the distributor may be the problem. Ill have to get a timing light and learn to diagnose it. Distributor is over $500!!

Default Cheap Distributer

Get this at Amazon, $75, I have one in my garage just in case. Many people on other forums have used them with success. You will have to swap the plastic base that sits under the cap. There is no difference from your boat distributer to this. The marine and auto distributers are the same except for the base for the marine cap.

Spectra Premium FD14 Distributor
    agetech
    89 Comp

WOW that is a huge price difference! Has there been success with these cheaper parts? I see they also has the ignition coil for like $16 vs the $75 one from skidim.

There have been several posts on other forums, boaters have been having good luck with this distributer. All of the sensors on the GT40 can be bought at your local auto parts store. Nothing marine specific about them.
    agetech
    89 Comp