Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Forced induction engines have more ECM safeguards. That said, if you put bad fuel in it and keep pushing through a fault code by shutting it down and trying it again, it will still blow up.

    If the fuel was bad and you ran 12 hours on it, it may very well have detonated enough to break the #3 piston.

    I donít know how much timing Indmar pulls, but I can tell you on a GM 6.2 LSA, it will pull so much timing to protect the engine to the point of throwing 5-8 codes and shutting the engine down.

    My LSA went into full limp mode and would barely run with the dash lit up like a Xmas tree.

    Got it home, pulled a fuel sample from the rail, easily 10% water. Added alcohol to the tank and took the blower belt off, ran it around easily to burn off the 14 gallons I had left and was fine.

    If you had non ethanol fuel with water in it, the gas and water wonít homologate.

    Ethanol will help homologate the water enough to consume it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post
    Forced induction engines have more ECM safeguards. That said, if you put bad fuel in it and keep pushing through a fault code by shutting it down and trying it again, it will still blow up.

    If the fuel was bad and you ran 12 hours on it, it may very well have detonated enough to break the #3 piston.

    I donít know how much timing Indmar pulls, but I can tell you on a GM 6.2 LSA, it will pull so much timing to protect the engine to the point of throwing 5-8 codes and shutting the engine down.

    My LSA went into full limp mode and would barely run with the dash lit up like a Xmas tree.

    Got it home, pulled a fuel sample from the rail, easily 10% water. Added alcohol to the tank and took the blower belt off, ran it around easily to burn off the 14 gallons I had left and was fine.

    If you had non ethanol fuel with water in it, the gas and water wonít homologate.

    Ethanol will help homologate the water enough to consume it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just curious, how much alcohol did you add to 14g? 1 gallon?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Just curious, how much alcohol did you add to 14g? 1 gallon?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    16 oz. The GM LSA is 9:1 compression without boost, it needed just enough alcohol to allow the water to mix with gas versus phase separate.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    145

    Default

    OP,

    Any update on your engine?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    8

    Default No answers yet 2 months and still not sure who is paying for the new engine.

    No answers and 2 itís been 2 months and still not sure who is paying for the new engine. Hopefully good news this week or some news getting frustrated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post
    OP,

    Any update on your engine?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    8

    Default Engine not covered by anyone

    Quote Originally Posted by boatgonebad View Post
    No answers and 2 itís been 2 months and still not sure who is paying for the new engine. Hopefully good news this week or some news getting frustrated.
    What would any of you suggest if no one wants to pay for the 1 year old engine that needs to be replaced? Any suggestions would you get a lawyer?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lake Nottely, Blairsville, GA
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boatgonebad View Post
    What would any of you suggest if no one wants to pay for the 1 year old engine that needs to be replaced? Any suggestions would you get a lawyer?
    Yes, have a lawyer review the case and pursue legal action if necessary.

    1983 Supra Rider
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    1983 Supra Beast
    1987 Supra Marauder
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •