Default ‘87 sunsport vs newer v-drive

I have an ‘87 sunsport that I use at most a few weeks a year. I’m contemplating a complete rebuild. My thoughts are that I mostly like skiing, do some wakeboarding and surfing does not seem worth the effort. I would like to pick up a wake foil board, but that’s a different story. The Sunsport I have is a pretty solid platform for everything; new stringers, motor, maybe some ballast and I’m good to go. Probably better off than buying a newer v-drive as far as ski wakes go. What do you guys think? The other thing I contemplate is finding a late model Saltare with the composite stringers but I’ve never ridden in one ridden in one. How does it handle, turning, tracking and rough water? Thanks for any input you have.

A V drive will have a worse ski wake. They are only better for wakesurfing and maybe wakeboarding.

Others could speak from experience, but from what I think I've learned on this forum is that it's not necessarily cost effective to do the rebuild unless you can do it yourself. But if so.. for your needs, it seems like you aren't better off with a vdrive. The Saltaire option is cool - I don't think it would handle as well as your Sunsport, but if it's a better break even point to get the upgrades that you need, I would be open to it.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe