Hey guys.. very new to the forum. Was bummed this site was down last month for so long when I picked up my '88 Saltare w/ the 454 PCM, was so eager to learn!

To summarize, the boat came w/ 2 batteries.. previous owner had them wired up together. It started fine.. but died on the water once at idle. I connected the 2nd battery that was disconnected, and it fired right back up. When I came home, I decided to be "smart" and install a Blue Sea battery switch along w/ their ACR charging system. I used 2 gauge cable for the whole install and ran 2 80amp fuses between the battery and the ACR unit.

In addition to the above, I decided to install a new alternator from Nautique Parts, the Mando RA097006A

All excited, I turned the key today and blew the starter battery fuse I installed. And with that, I just can't get it to crank. Batteries were charged fully last week. Not sure if they lost some charge during the install.

I put the old Motorola alternator in, nothing. I then disconnected my dual battery setup and just took the original boat power and ground, tied it to the battery with the old alternator and nothing. New alternator., nothing. I grabbed a newish battery out of my buddies boat, nothing. Just a click.. but not enough juice to turn it at all.

What could it be? I'm so tired... lol

I was a bit confused on the wiring of the alternators. I assume that the yellow line, which connects to purple on the boat, is the exciter hook up (EXC). Right? Anyone have any ideas? Should I scrap this 2 battery ACR setup and go with something simpler?

20210901_154810.jpg20210831_074756.jpg'