Hybrid View

There is only 1 way to learn and its by doing. Wish I never attempted the dual battery.. summer is running away from me Appreciate all the tips you guys have given

I removed the starter and did a bench test w/ battery and it spins.., it seems to slightly move around a bit right at the end. Not really sure what to think. Off video, I attached power to just the solenoid and it operated fine, pushing the gear out. There seems to be a little play, so I think I'll place an order w/ skidim for part# RA12209. I saw others have used DB Electrical for starters.. but the ones I'm finding both seem unavailable to order. At this point.. I don't want to get too creative. Just want a solution.

Heres a vid of the bench test..

Guys have any thoughts on that?

Been awhile since ive bench tested a starter, but it sure does look like it spins up slow. Could just be a total coincidence that the starter craps out at the same time you are testing the new dual bank setup.

With that said, yeah, if you want the LED output direct to the battery, no telling what it would cause the ACR to do, so blowing that 80A fuse is possible.

Honestly, I never use the LED or the SI terminals on single engine trailer boats. All you need is the ground control.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio