Default Need help... AGAIN!

Hello Everyone,

Took boat to the lake this weekend for a little Labor Day fun but unfortunately it was not to be....AGAIN!

Boat will not start.
    I have brand new batteries and just had work done on electronics and ignition switch. When I tried to start the boat, Nothing. Nada, Nope. the starter isn't even making the clicking noise like one would expect. I'm getting power to the dash and all the electronics. This has to be a simple fix.

So my question....Is there a fuse between the ignition and the starter? if so, where is it exactly. Where is the starter circuit fuse? i checked the breaker box under the console and it was all good.

Anyone with a '04 -'08 Launch 24 SSV, please help. I'm beyond frustrated with all the issues I'm having with this boat.
    Thank so much.

Have you checked to see if power is actually being sent to the started with a multimeter? Have someone try and start the motor while you have the meter hooked up to the cables going into the starter. If there is only one, then the negative probe will just ground out on the engine. If you aren't getting any power to the starter, then check and see if your neutral safety switch is preventing you from starting. Mine will sometimes think the transmission is in gear when it actually isn't, and that will prevent the starter from even engaging.

If you are getting power to the starter yet the starter makes no attempt to turn the engine over, then you will likely need to replace the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by imjustjack View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Took boat to the lake this weekend for a little Labor Day fun but unfortunately it was not to be....AGAIN!

Boat will not start.
    I have brand new batteries and just had work done on electronics and ignition switch. When I tried to start the boat, Nothing. Nada, Nope. the starter isn't even making the clicking noise like one would expect. I'm getting power to the dash and all the electronics. This has to be a simple fix.

So my question....Is there a fuse between the ignition and the starter? if so, where is it exactly. Where is the starter circuit fuse? i checked the breaker box under the console and it was all good.

Anyone with a '04 -'08 Launch 24 SSV, please help. I'm beyond frustrated with all the issues I'm having with this boat.
    Thank so much.
    After you had the recent work completed, did you try and start it before you got to the lake? You definitely need to know how to use a multimeter to check for power at the starter relay and starter. I saw your previous post where you had hooked something up wrong and fried some wiring. I would take it back to whomever just fixed it. I do have schematics for my 04', and its probably the same as yours. If you need them, I'll try and send them.

Quote Originally Posted by secondsupra2004 View Post
    After you had the recent work completed, did you try and start it before you got to the lake? You definitely need to know how to use a multimeter to check for power at the starter relay and starter. I saw your previous post where you had hooked something up wrong and fried some wiring. I would take it back to whomever just fixed it. I do have schematics for my 04', and its probably the same as yours. If you need them, I'll try and send them.
    HAHAHAHA!!! Your reply made me laugh! Thanks for being kind!
    Actually no, I did not try to start it before I took it to the lake. There has never been an issue with firing up the engine. Even after I fried some of the electronics, the engine would start right up. I had no reason to think otherwise, especially with two brand new batteries.

Don't worry, I have absolutely no intention of trying to fix the problem myself! I try not to be a repeat idiot. I'm calling the boat shop this afternoon to let them know what happened. If you have the schematics, I would appreciate a copy.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by imjustjack View Post
    HAHAHAHA!!! Your reply made me laugh! Thanks for being kind!
    Actually no, I did not try to start it before I took it to the lake. There has never been an issue with firing up the engine. Even after I fried some of the electronics, the engine would start right up. I had no reason to think otherwise, especially with two brand new batteries.

Don't worry, I have absolutely no intention of trying to fix the problem myself! I try not to be a repeat idiot. I'm calling the boat shop this afternoon to let them know what happened. If you have the schematics, I would appreciate a copy.
    Thanks.
    Here you go. Tried to send in PDF, but too large.
    Schematic.jpg

I know i'm a bit late in my reply, but...It sounds like you have a faulty starter relay.
    2004 Supra Launch SSV
    1991 Ski Nautique