Default DUI Distributor questions

Looking to install a DUI in the near future. What plug wires do i need to get to go with? Also, does it need any new wires run to it or any old ones capped off? Thanks

It would be helpful if you listed which boat you have, make, year, engine, fuel system, etc. The DUI website has a lot of info on their marine distributors. They could probably answer all your questions.

Its a very easy hook up 2 wires one comes from the ign side of the ballast resister to the batt side of the dist cap . The other comes from the neg side of the coil its the gray wire it goes to the tach side of the dist cap. Yes you will need 8mm spark plug wires also set the spark plug gap to .045. What brand of DUI are you getting?

84 comp. 351 windsor. Planning on performance distributors DUI unit. I'm pretty mechanical however never done much regarding distirbutor and ignition timing so just want to cover my bases.

Make sure you buy the marine distributor set up

So I've received my distributor and wires are on the way. Going to install in the next few days.

Cylinders numbers are as below right:
    Front
    5 1
    6 2
    7 3
    8 4

1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 firing order? Is that right? Or do i have the wrong order?