Default Comp TS6M Rudder

Hi Folks,

My father had an incident with my boat on the ramp and ended up snapping the rudder off (damn roller trailer!). Any idea on what is the preferred replacement part? I can’t find one and the only ones I see on skidim.com are for MC or Nautiques.

Surprisingly there is no damage to the fibreglass hull. I guess the rudders are designed to break to protect the hull? Or maybe it had a fracture in it already.

Any help is appreciated.
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Velvet Drive - 1:1
    Fully Rebuilt

I replaced the rudder on my Comp beginning of the season as the seals were toast and you cannot get parts for it anymore. Ordered this and have had zero issues since install. https://skidim.com/rudder-assembly-drop-arm-tiller.html
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    I replaced the rudder on my Comp beginning of the season as the seals were toast and you cannot get parts for it anymore. Ordered this and have had zero issues since install. https://skidim.com/rudder-assembly-drop-arm-tiller.html
    ok i'll look into it thanks

Will have one available soon. Cutting up a 87 Ts6m for parts. Check General Chat Section for pics. Thanks, Kevin My rudder port from the Ts6m (1987) has 2 - 340815 National seals under the snap ring and a #216 o-ring at the bottom. Seals are 1.494” bore size, 1.505” seal o.d., .25” thickness. O-ring is 1.375”(1&3/8”) o.d., 1.125”(1&1/8”) I.d., .135”(1/8”) cross section(thickness). Hope this helps as these seals are commonly available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kevin1522; 11-28-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supra_Comp View Post
    Hi Folks,

My father had an incident with my boat on the ramp and ended up snapping the rudder off (damn roller trailer!). Any idea on what is the preferred replacement part? I can’t find one and the only ones I see on skidim.com are for MC or Nautiques.

Surprisingly there is no damage to the fibreglass hull. I guess the rudders are designed to break to protect the hull? Or maybe it had a fracture in it already.

Any help is appreciated.
    Did you find another rudder? I have one now from a Ts6m, kevin1522