Hey all,
Just bought a used 2006 Supra SSV22 GG edition from a friend. Took it out and was getting up on a slalom ski and the motor started out strong out of the hole, then the engine cut to idle before the boat (or I) could plane out. The throttle was wide open but the engine was just idling and the transmission was in neutral. I turned the boat off, waited a few minutes, and restarted it without problems. Later, I tried surfing behind it and was able to plane out without issues, but 4 or so minutes after riding the wave, the engine again randomly dropped to idle and the transmission disengaged. I'm totally befuddled. I've checked the forum and learned about "limp mode" but that doesn't seem consistent with what i'm experiencing since that mode usually limits your RPM and doesn't disengage the transmission. Temp ran around 180 the whole time on the water. I'm replacing the fuel filter tonight just in case. My perfect pass screen is dead (i'm told this is also common), and I pushed a few buttons on it to try to turn it on while on the water. Any chance this is just a setting on my perfect pass that I mucked up? Any suggestions would be great bc the local dealer can't get to me for 3-4 weeks.... i'd hate to miss the end of the season over this.