Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2020 Supra For Sale 130 hours and brand spanking non warranty covered motor!!

The amazing raptor engine on a 1 year old boat failed and no one wants to cover it. I highly advise people to NOT buy the Indmar Rousch amazing engine that is highly sensitive and donÂ’t even think about going to Lake Powell or Lake Mead or anywhere that you canÂ’t get premium gas or you will be screwed!!!

Selling the Supra and buying a boat without an Indmar motor!!!

Well this escalated quickly.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Did you not go after the people that sold you the bad gas?

I’ve never ran premium in my Indmar.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

We don’t think it was the gas and our insurance company was trying to but how do you prove bad gas over the 4th of July weekend when hundreds of boats are filling up at the marina where we filled up. 2 boats with us filled up the same time same gas and had no problems. Dealer is saying the super charged Indmar engine is just so sensitive to any water what so ever. Super frustrating and if this is the gas more engines would have the same problem. We just have a lemon engine and no one wants to pay for it in my opinion. Literally only error code that was sent to alert us was at 119 hours and now the boat has 130 hours which is the one tank of gas.

I believe you. I don't think gas did this but I'm not an expert. I would sue Indmar or Supra if I just paid what you paid for that boat.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Why would anybody put an engine that is so sensitive to water in a boat ? I smell a rat here . If Indmar isn't going to honor their warranty's Supra should go back to PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by boatgonebad View Post
    The amazing raptor engine on a 1 year old boat failed and no one wants to cover it. I highly advise people to NOT buy the Indmar Rousch amazing engine that is highly sensitive and donÂ’t even think about going to Lake Powell or Lake Mead or anywhere that you canÂ’t get premium gas or you will be screwed!!!

Not that this helps you, but I was just at Powell with my 22 SL550. We went through over 200 gallons from Antelope Point Marina with no issue. If there was water in their fuel, there isn't now. Did you fill directly from their pump or from a houseboat toy-tank?

Default 2020 Supra For Sale 130 hours and brand spanking non warranty covered motor!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatgonebad View Post

So you are trying to sell your boat with the bad motor or did you replace it with a new one or repaired one?

How much water was found in the gas? I assume Indmar was sent a sample.

What octane did they sell you if the 575 is rated for 93?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 09-28-2021 at 02:39 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

We don’t have an engine in our boat so can’t sell it yet but will be once we get an engine. We have put in premium ethanol free fuel everytime. They found 12,000 parts per million which is a ton of water. We just don’t know where the water came from. Super frustrated!!! Buy motor insurance if buy a super charged engine.

We donÂ’t have an engine in our boat so canÂ’t sell it yet but will be once we get an engine. We have put in premium ethanol free fuel everytime. They found 12,000 parts per million which is a ton of water. We just donÂ’t know where the water came from. Super frustrated!!! Buy motor insurance if buy a super charged engine.