Default 1991 Ski Supreme Medalist 210 W/ Chrysler Marine 310SP

Hello,

I know it's not a supra but I wanted to get some info out there for anyone else looking into a boat like this.

Did some trading for an old Ski Supreme a while back, was pleased to find out someone ordered the boat with a Chrysler 360 since I've been a Mopar guy my whole life and have always wanted a Chrysler powered boat. Looks like this unit had a oil pressure switch failure which ruined the motor. While cranking the motor with the plugs out oil shot out of the switch so I'm making some assumptions. The previous owner was not driving the boat at the time of failure. I happen to have a magnum 360 on an engine stand already that I'm thinking about shoving in, will have to work through a few issues but its been done. Was slated for an old ram van but the LA 360 out of the boat my take it's place.

Anyways, here are some photos for anyone interested.

Big thanks to Mischief IV who sent me some shots of the 1991 water ski mag review of this boat. I honestly thought someone had swapped the factory Merc 5.7 out for the 360 until I saw it was a factory option.

IMG_20210905_102618954.jpg
    IMG_20210905_112217831_HDR.jpg

Will upload more photos as I work through it and have time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vanman; 09-29-2021 at 01:45 PM.

I have two Chrysler marine 383's with transmission's and V drives for sale. PO said they were rebuilt they both have compression and oil pressure.

I'd love to have a low deck big block in the boat but it looks like that'd be rough to fit. Pretty wild to see the output on the front of the motor when comparing it to a car, wouldn't be very easy to get to the timing chain. I've never seen anything like that, pretty wild seeing all the marine specific parts to make that work in that orientation.

It's a good looking older boat and we like those here on this forum. Sure beats some of the stuff you see on FascistBook.

Glad I could help you out with the information. If I find anything else you might like, I'll post it up here. Good luck on the restore.

Now I'd like to know where Michael Hunter got those two Chrysler marine 383s from?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

A guy I know was going to restore a 60 's wood boat pulled the thing apart said he had the engines rebuilt and lost interest . The boat was stored outside next to his shop for years it was junked when he moved.