Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2006 Supra Launch Upgrade Project

We picked up this 2005 Supra Launch 21V this summer for a winter project, we will be installing Fresh Air Exhaust, new ballast system with reversible pumps and new bags, all new interior, new stereo, updated tower racks so we can put surfboards in them, and a bunch of RGB lighting both underwater and above water along with removing the carpet and installing gatorstep on the floor.

We will be putting a video series together on this on our youtube channel, hit us up with any ideas we should tackle or questions you have!

IMG_2746.jpgIMG_0199.jpgIMG_0198.jpgIMG_0197.jpgIMG_0195.jpg
    Last edited by SWELLWakesurf; 10-18-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Default Interior Selection

C&E Upolstery in Eagan has all the interior, here's a sample, should be sweet!

Red will be vertical box portion

IMG_0194.jpg

Default Winterization

We did our service and winterization on this boat and filmed a youtube video, if you guys have an Indmar 325 and are looking for a good installation video, check it out HERE

Should be a interest in the videos. I did many of those upgrades to my 2007 SSV22. Many people still ask me why I picked 1 product vs another. For example, ballast upgrades could be ball valves vs reversible pumps OR jabsco pumps vs king pumps.

Cost is another thing, that was usually the first question everyone asked, how much did that cost?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by SWELLWakesurf View Post
    C&E Upolstery in Eagan has all the interior, here's a sample, should be sweet!

Red will be vertical box portion

IMG_0194.jpg
    Awesome. Should be plenty of content to make videos with these boats. Ballast upgrade and swim platform mods are a big ones with these older boats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just posted our first video, an intro walk around as well as a demo video, we removed all of the interior seats and sent them off to the upholstery shop, pulled up the carpet and center panel so we can refinish and put gatorstep down, and just overall cleaned the interior as it was filthy!

Check it out here: https://youtu.be/BtdBGkZPRN4

Next project is bolted thru hull fresh air exhaust and their replacement mufflers to get rid of the big ugly black box, then on to a custom ballast system!

Quote Originally Posted by SWELLWakesurf View Post
    Just posted our first video, an intro walk around as well as a demo video, we removed all of the interior seats and sent them off to the upholstery shop, pulled up the carpet and center panel so we can refinish and put gatorstep down, and just overall cleaned the interior as it was filthy!

Check it out here: https://youtu.be/BtdBGkZPRN4

Next project is bolted thru hull fresh air exhaust and their replacement mufflers to get rid of the big ugly black box, then on to a custom ballast system!
    Nice video. Someone is going to have a nice ride when you are done.

One question, did you think about changing the swim platform to more of a surf style without the corners? It was one of the best upgrades on my 2007 Supra. That old style really digs into the wave once you get more weight added.

My arms are itching just thinking about all the digging around behind the speakers to get the cushions off.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Nice video. Someone is going to have a nice ride when you are done.

One question, did you think about changing the swim platform to more of a surf style without the corners? It was one of the best upgrades on my 2007 Supra. That old style really digs into the wave once you get more weight added.

My arms are itching just thinking about all the digging around behind the speakers to get the cushions off.
    We aren't sure what we will do with the swim platform quite yet, bit will be doing something cool!

Cool project. You do not see many of these around for a good price.
    2018 Supra SL400

I am really looking forward to seeing your flooring installation. I have read installing gatorstep in these boats is not a clean and easy install.

We have a 2008 21V, so I will be following your progress closely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Supra Launch 21V
    --2011 Z71 Suburban
    --2020 Z71 Suburban

Weatherford TEXAS