Default Raw Water Pump Rehab

I'm almost done winterizing my '89 Supra Mariah, and I currently have the raw water pump back in my garage. When I opened it up, I noticed some rust inside the flywheel portion of the pump. I also noticed some built-up corrosion at the area where the metal gasket/flange meets the pump body. What is the best way to clean this without causing damage to the bearings?

No one has any ideas on this?

It seems not unfortunately. I ended up buying a refurbished one and sent the old one back in as a core. Pulling apart all the bearings, retaining rings, etc, to do a proper rehab seemed more trouble than it was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by asmithcveg View Post
    It seems not unfortunately. I ended up buying a refurbished one and sent the old one back in as a core. Pulling apart all the bearings, retaining rings, etc, to do a proper rehab seemed more trouble than it was worth.
    There was a video out there at one time from someone who sold pumps. Not sure what boat maker, but my overall opinion was the same on the cost vs the hassle of tracking down parts (the right parts).
    2018 Supra SL400