Two years ago I picked up a 85 Comp with a nice hull but interior was toast and stringers and floor was the worst I have ever seen. The price was right and I was looking for another project . At the time I was about half way through a 67 Correct Craft Mustang so the comp has been on the back burner. Never Start Another Project until the first one is done. About a month ago I started the comp Gutted it removed the drive line and lifted the top cap . Since then I put the hull in the basement and started to remove foam. That is when I found the botched stringer and foam job . It looks like they were more concerned with holding up the floor than holding up the engine. I got it stripped down and started removing the hacked in stringers to get to the original stringer locations. It looked like they poured in liquid epoxy to hold the stringers down some was 2'' thick . Every thing they did was hacked in and not even close to correct. It would have been a huge problem if they had prepped the hull before pouring in the epoxy. For the most part a chisel and hammer popped the epoxy off in large chunks since it never bonded to the hull. Wife has started on interior and yes we are going with the original rainbow strips .