Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,401

    Default Norris Lake Event in Aug 2022

    Zach @ Premier Boats posted on this on Facebook today:

    ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

    COME ONE COME ALL! PREMIER WATERSPORTS WILL BE HOSTING THE SUPRA AND MOOMBA BOATS OWNERS REUNION.

    DATE: AUGUST 20TH AND 21ST
    TIME: SUN UP UNTIL WE GO TO BED.
    WHERE: NORRIS LAKE, TN (on lake location tbd)

    Premier Watersports will be hosting a Supra and Moomba Owners reunion. We will have a houseboat parked in a cove so everyone can tie up. You all are welcome come aboard to hang out and relax, drink, eat and most important talk about how great our boats are. We will have some of the new 2023 Supra and Moomba boats for viewing. Also Hyperlite will be there with the new 2023 products as well. We are trying to get a few more details lined out but wanted to get this out so everyone can start planning early. We are shooting for the middle of the lake so it isn't to far of a boat ride for one more then the other. Thank you all and I hope to see you all there. Lets try to make this the biggest one yet.

    Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Flowery Branch Georgia
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    I heard George Fowler lives in Tenn Is there any chance of inviting him to attend? I would love to meet the man that started it all.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I heard George Fowler lives in Tenn Is there any chance of inviting him to attend? I would love to meet the man that started it all.
    There was a guy on here, Joe Higgins (?sp?) that posted last year about having a BBQ place in Townsend TN that is friends with him. I posted pics when George visited the factory last year. Joe was posting something on that thread while George was sitting with him. You could try to message him to get George's contact info.

    I usually take some trips to the Townsend TN area to fly fish when the weather starts to get warmer. If I remember, I can stop by that place to ask. Small town and I love BBQ.

    I would bet there would be other people that would like to talk to him, ask questions, or listed about stories in those boat building days.
    2018 Supra SL400

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lake Nottely, Blairsville, GA
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    There was a guy on here, Joe Higgins (?sp?) that posted last year about having a BBQ place in Townsend TN that is friends with him. I posted pics when George visited the factory last year. Joe was posting something on that thread while George was sitting with him. You could try to message him to get George's contact info.

    I usually take some trips to the Townsend TN area to fly fish when the weather starts to get warmer. If I remember, I can stop by that place to ask. Small town and I love BBQ.

    I would bet there would be other people that would like to talk to him, ask questions, or listed about stories in those boat building days.
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ght=Joehiggins

    I thought you guys knew me better than that. A month before you posted George at the factory, I had already sent a message to joehiggins dated 02-25-21 at 2:59 pm in regards to doing an event to celebrate Supra's 40th anniversary with George in attendance. I never got a reply back from Joe and he probably hasn't been back on this forum since

    I also sent an email to the Tinkers and the powers that be asking about a 40th reunion to no avail, not that I was holding my breath on that one.

    I tried guys. I will continue to investigate further.

    1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Flowery Branch Georgia
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Just set up reservation at Loyston Point Campground 8-19-22 to 8-22-22 Looking forward to seeing you all then.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    That should be a good spot. They talked about the start-up around the Stardust Marina area, but nothing is set yet.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 02-17-2022 at 10:38 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Flowery Branch Georgia
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    It was a recommendation from Zack at PREMIER WATERSPORTS.

  8. #8

    Default

    If you're not camping, where's a good place to stay?

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    C Suggs

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lake Nottely, Blairsville, GA
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nboardskier View Post
    If you're not camping, where's a good place to stay?
    If Stardust Marina is the start up area, (per MJHKnox) I was looking at staying at the Knoxville - Clinton I-75 exit where there is a Hampton inn with cold AC and lots of food options and only 11 miles to launch. If that changes, then I would look elsewhere but for now, have made reservations.

    1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    If Stardust Marina is the start up area, (per MJHKnox) I was looking at staying at the Knoxville - Clinton I-75 exit where there is a Hampton inn with cold AC and lots of food options and only 11 miles to launch. If that changes, then I would look elsewhere but for now, have made reservations.
    That's where I'll be as well.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    C Suggs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •