Time to start another chapter in the book of history for Mischief IV, my beloved 1983 Supra Rider that has been in family since new, albeit with 4 different owners. Approaching her 40th birthday next year, I find it truly amazing that she has survived this long due to the fact that the last 6 years have not been so kind to her. I have owned her for over 21 years now but unfortunate circumstances caused by my own negligence preceded by criminal activity as evidenced from another guy's hands during her first major restoration 11 years ago, led her to be parked in October of 2014. I thought she might be down just for one season, but then she was diagnosed as terminal. You can do everything right and still be the victim of fraud and trust me, I will not hold back on the guy who did this to me and my wife and my boat. (more on this later)
I won't mince words as it has taken years for me to come to grips with the deception but now it is time to move forward as she is once again, under the knife getting restored one final time at a cost very close to what she probably sold for new. The upside to that is, she will be better than ever before and far beyond what the Supra factory could have done back in the day.

Where do I start this thread as there is so much that I'd like to say? I believe I will begin with where Mischief IV is currently in the restoration process and then work towards backfilling the story with her history. For the newcomers, I already had a thread started back in 2006 on this boat before it and myself were accidentally banned permanently so most of this will be new for you but for those who know Mischief IV, bare with me, you may not know the whole story.

I do find it a shame that most forum members have fled from here opting for daily quick fix apps that seem to make it near impossible to find anything posted one day, to the next. I'm not sure how one can follow a complete restoration that way so I intend this thread to be as thorough as it can be and hopefully a good resource if others are looking to do their own restoration on a Supra classic. As long as Imgur doesn't pull a Photobucket, I hope this thread will last a good long time.

Pics will start from December 2021 to February 2022 showing stringers and floor getting completely redone with Coosa composite material. Yes, I opted for composite material obviously after a complete fail with wood last time. Now, it wasn't the wood's fault at all but how the wood was installed of course, but in order to keep a 39 year old boat afloat for another 39 years, I stepped up to the best material I could find after finding one of the best installers in the ATL area. If you have seen the thread regarding my 1991 Supra Comp, then you have seen this shop's work. Their work is simply amazing and the main reason this boat did not get chopped up and sent to the dump. Instead of needing a therapist for treating your depression, all you need is a fiberglass shop that does what they say they will do and be completely honest in the process. So far, I've been over 3 times during the process to inspect, ask a lot of dumb questions and then find other things for them to work on. I'm always happy when I leave. Come to think of it, a therapist may be cheaper.

Without further ado, here is Mischief IV and her new lease on life.

Here she is in all her glory after being stripped down.

The old foam will remain. No reason to pull out since it was dry as a bone and going with composite material anyway.

Port side - Blower mounts here.

Starboard side - Speedo tubes mount here.