Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I have been following as well. Thank you for the quality of posts, serves as good inspiration. Signed up today for the site.
    Just finish up stringers and floor on my old comp. More backyard to Rotisserie but, one can aspire.

Once complete I'll create a thread. For now the little time I have needs to be on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Thanks JBreezy. Speaking of first forum entry...you win for first reply to this thread. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!! If you're ever in ATL, I'm buying.

It only took 2 weeks and 28 posts but funny enough, I've had several PMs/ texts today saying they are one of the 6 people that have been reading this. So, maybe I underestimated the number by a few and we're up to 10 members now.

Mischief4 has her own voice and it should be heard She's still beautiful and very much would like to stay 39 forever. I do feel however, she could use a refresher course on her Latin.

My wife says Mistress IV is perhaps a better name for her and I am not one to argue with her (not true) so she has a point. Why the wife is feels slighted I could not tell you because it's only been a 34 year love affair so far with this boat.

I only buy used for most everything. Can't blame you. We were up 75 degrees today so not complaining about cold but we shall have more cold temps before spring and yellow season showers our nice black cars. Thanks for replying and best of luck this season. I still have lots more to post on this thread.

I have posted many ski pics on my other thread out and about with other forum members. Check it out.
    https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...d-Supra-people

Oh I've been lurking on the Supra people thread too. When I first signed up on this forum I went back and read many of the archived post, so now it's been fun to put a face and boat to the names.

They say there is no boat as expensive as a sentimental boat. (well they say it about sentimental cars, motorcycles, tractors, or whatever too). Mischief IV takes the cake. But man, beautiful boat, timeless, full of memories, family history - who could blame you for putting so much into it? She doesn't need to stay 39, she literally is getting better with age.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

Let’s be honest here, Mischief IV is going to be more new than original at this point in time so I don’t think it’s really an almost 40 year old boat at his point. It’s only 40 on paper.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Let’s be honest here, Mischief IV is going to be more new than original at this point in time so I don’t think it’s really an almost 40 year old boat at his point. It’s only 40 on paper.
    You may be on to something...what year were you born?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Oh me, I have made an error in this thread. Because I am getting older by the day, my memory isn't quite...wait, what was I saying?
    Oh yeah, I thought I took the motor out in 2015 as I stated previously in one post. Sifting through pics, (133,606 on old computer) I now remember what happened in winter/ spring of 2015. My wife asked me in February if I wanted to buy a lake house and I said no, so we compromised and bought a lake house. 2 months later we closed on Cabin Snowball. One month later after that, the wife had surgery and was laid up for awhile so we did not even get to use the lake house until end of June. By summer, I had bought a used pontoon so the family could get out on the lake and six months later, it miraculously gave birth to a jetski. Of course, the wife asks if we need a new dock now and I said no, so we compromised and bought a new dock later that fall. At least Cabin Snowball was living up to its name.

I finally told myself in spring of 2016 that we have to get Mischief up at the lake and so one evening, I had a good long conversation with TitanTn in regards to what he thought I should do. He advised me on what type of materials to order and laid out the process.
    He had just pulled his motor in and out about 12 times for his Saltarè which led to another conversation and I'm not sure he really offered, but Mischief IV headed to TN one afternoon to have the engine yanked. If you don't know TitanTn, then you're missing out, cause even if he were cloned, he'd still be one of a kind. I will say he has impeccable taste in friends, which is why he won't pick up the phone when I call him now. I kid him cause I can. He was a huge help to me personally and before I knew it, the motor went from boat to pickup truck in close to an hour's time. Shoutout to Ryan, TitanTn's son for all his help too.

I have bounced around a bit so far on this thread, so if you are confused, don't be, I have a new updated timeline that fits in your pocket and won't cost you a penny.

Timeline update.
    December 2009 - Numbnuts' stringer job.
    October 26th, 2014 - Last Mischief IV sighting on water.
    March 13th, 2016 - Motor pulled.
    December 1st, 2019 - Top cap removal.
    By December 15th, 2019 - Top cap wrecked.
    October 15th, 2020 - To Shop for stringers.
    October 15th, 2021 - Shop removes Numbnuts' stringer job.
    December / January 2022 - Install composite stringer job.
    February 16th, 2022 - Top cap delivery to Pro shop for repair.

Pics of TitanTN, son Ryan pulling motor at his place.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Zjz125 View Post
    I have been following as well. Thank you for the quality of posts, serves as good inspiration. Signed up today for the site.
    Just finish up stringers and floor on my old comp. More backyard to Rotisserie but, one can aspire.

Once complete I'll create a thread. For now the little time I have needs to be on the boat.
    Welcome to the forum. I appreciate the response. Would love to know more about your Comp when you have more time. Best of luck on the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by JBreezy View Post
    Oh I've been lurking on the Supra people thread too. When I first signed up on this forum I went back and read many of the archived post, so now it's been fun to put a face and boat to the names.

They say there is no boat as expensive as a sentimental boat. (well they say it about sentimental cars, motorcycles, tractors, or whatever too). Mischief IV takes the cake. But man, beautiful boat, timeless, full of memories, family history - who could blame you for putting so much into it? She doesn't need to stay 39, she literally is getting better with age.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.
    I have an exclusive membership to the MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS CLUB which ironically doesn't charge annual fees.

Speaking of sentimental, here are some pics of the early years.

1983 Supra Rider with 1983 Chevy K-5 Blazer. I've always wondered what it would be like if I still had the truck and not the boat.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

The early years.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Take the way back time machine to when I was 19 years old cleaning the family boat.

The original cover

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Original MSO from Supra Sports, Inc. July 11th, 1983

Bill of Sale

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Bill of Sale 1999 when I purchased Mischief IV

Trailer MSO

Myself, with brother NGAVChris and high school friends. We skied 5 people on this day. 3 on double and 2 on slalom.

Last edited by Mischief IV; 02-26-2022 at 03:17 PM.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242