Default Changing oil in a 2006 ssv launch.

Looking to see if any of you guys have rigged up something for draining the oil through the plug above the trim tab? I'm unable to pump it out of the dip stick tube.
    Last edited by dpike; 03-07-2022 at 05:54 PM.

Get yourself an oil drain kit for whatever engine you have. (Indmar and GM yes?)

https://skidim.com/oil-drain-kit-gm-12mm-thread.html

It is just a hose to put on the bottom of the oil pan. Will replace the oil pan plug. My 2012 came with it and I've used it many times but honestly I prefer to pump out via the dipstick tube. 3 min vs. the aggravation of trying to wind hose under engine and out rear of boat and since mine sits on a boat lift over water, pumping out makes more sense in my case.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I use this one for oil extraction through my dipstick tube. Got it at Orielly autoparts. Works well and is easy to use. This particular one holds 6 qts.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

This is your answer. So much cleaner than draining it! Also, buy this one rather than the really cheap HF kind.

Quote Originally Posted by harbinfarr View Post
    I use this one for oil extraction through my dipstick tube. Got it at Orielly autoparts. Works well and is easy to use. This particular one holds 6 qts.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I bought a sprayer pump from Northern Tool, hooks up to a battery and is mounted to a bucket. Bought a brass fitting at the hardware store to attach to the oil drain and plastic hose. Works well. I drain it after getting home from the lake.

Probably have $30-35 in it. I will try to find some pics.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400