Hello everyone,

I am curious if anyone has done or heard of removing both cats from an Indmar Raptor. I have a 2015 SE450 that I have been looking to maximize my fuel economy on, as it loves to guzzle some gas while surfing. I researched the cooling/exhaust system on the raptors and realized it is possible to unclamp each cat from the manifold and y-pipe fairly easily, then of course unbolt both 02 sensors and it is free to work on. Since the catalytic converters are not water jacketed they can be cut from both sections of exhaust and replaced with stainless exhaust pipe. The pre cat 02 sensor would remain in it's factory location allowing for the ECU to properly adjust/manage fuel, while the second 02 sensor which checks exhaust contents post cat would be replaced by an 02 sensor simulator to keep any codes from being thrown. I would also like to throw in I have already removed the baffle in the exhaust while installing a fresh air exhaust to deaden exhaust noise while surfing. Does anyone think this would be worth it in the end? My only thought is that even if it does not improve gas consumption that much, at least I am removing the possibility of my catalytic converters going bad down the road.