Default Placement of wakeshaper

I’m having trouble trying to see where I can put the wakeshaper on my 2009 20ssv. I would think that the best place would be just under where the swim deck is toward the rear of the boat. Problem is that with the shape of the hull I would only be able to put it just above where the level of the platform is. Anyone use a shaper similar to this model? I will include a picture so this makes more sense. Currently I have a decal there but I am considering removing the rear portion so I can stick the wakeshaper on it. It seems too high to me though so I want to make sure it will work before I go through the trouble. Any thoughts? I may be overthinking this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JayDunk; 04-26-2022 at 01:12 PM.

It depends on how much weight you are running and how low the corner will sink in the water.

We always tried to get it as far back as possible. Then once the boat gets to surf speed, you want it just below the water level.

It’s easy to tell once you lean over to look. I’m betting it will be the location on the hull above that black color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

If that is the case, you should be able to trim a little of the decal and nobody would probably notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for the reply… I assumed that the best spot would be right around where the black line is but I won’t be able to put it there. I guess I have to go out and see where it sits after I fill up the bags. So once the bags are filled would the entire back end including the swim deck be under the water? If that’s the case I should be able to put it just above the black line like you said. For some reason I assumed that the swim deck would be at water level at surfing speed. This would not be the case?

Hard to answer b/c some boats are listed a little towards the surf side.

Some peeps run the back bags at 100% surf side and 75/80% non surf side.
    2018 Supra SL400