Hey everyone, new to the forum here, but last fall I bought a 2005 Launch SSV and after test driving it I immediately winterized it and parked it until this weekend. I went and reattached all of the hoses and took it to the lake to let the engine warm up to allow for the oil change to go a bit smoother.

Get it on the water and it fires up right away, but shortly after there was a faint white smoke that was coming out of the engine compartment. Shut the engine down and noticed the engine was abnormally hot to the touch. I also took the oil cap off and there was white smoke trickling out of the oil compartment. Temps were right around 180 while going under 5 mph/idling.

Get the boat on the trailer and let it sit for a couple hours and the engine is still hot to the touch. Take the hoses off of the raw water impellor and there was not water in either the hoses. Take the impellor out and there was multiple fins shredded off the impellor. I was told that it was just changed before I bought it, but am starting to doubt that to be true.. should have verified it before firing things up.

I also noticed that one of the hoses running to what I think is the exhaust manifold had the plastic fitting melted. Pics below.

Is there something that was preventing the impellor from sucking water in the first place or was the impellor bad from the start? Also is the hot engine what was causing the white smoke in the first place? Hoping that I haven't caused any serious damage from running this dry for so long.

Open to any tips/tricks for tracking down the shredded fins throughout my cooling system. This is my first V-Drive and am learning as I go.

IMG_6395.jpg

IMG_6394.jpg