Default 90 pcm head identification

i have a 90 supra pirata. pcm. 351. Can anyone tell me which heads are stock on this. How to identify and if it is any advantage to replace them with E7TE HO head?

OK, look at the aft end of your heads and you'll see some raised lines (bars) cast into the head. If you have two bars, you have the standard output heads...240hp. If there is three bars, you have the GT40 heads...285hp. Both are cast iron. With standard heads, you definitely have room for improvement with new heads. If you have the GT40s, stick with what you've got. You'd have to spend some SERIOUS money to get a noticable difference from the GT40s.

What are you looking for as far as performance benefits? Better torque, more top speed, little of both, etc.
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

I would like to acheive more torque and top speed. I am aware of the benefits of a gt40 head but, have these available at a fair price. I know that the heads I have are stock and not gt40. Just wondering the difference between the stock head and the E7 I have available. Thanks

The E7TE head is also known as the GT40P. Didn't quite realize what you were talking about there. They are roughly equivalent to the GT40s, maybe a little worse or a little better; depends on who you ask really. The only downside is them being aluminum. If that doesn't bother you and you're in freshwater, I say go for it. I know the original cast iron GT40s can get pricey, and the GT40Ps substitute nicely.

See this thread on a mustang forum: http://www.mustangsandmore.com/ubb/F...ML/010959.html

Also here is a flow comparison between the GT40 and the GT40P: http://www.corral.net/tech/powerplant/head_tech.html

Are you planning replacing the stock intake as well? For $200, I believe I would.

To answer your question directly. Yes you will see a considerable increase in performance.
    Last edited by DKJBama92Mariah; 09-15-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

oh well, i just bought a 94 pirata with fuel inj. and what i beleive is a 300 hp motor. i wish i could find some info on the boats. anyone interested in my 90. it is a really nice boat for the price. 7000. fall special