Default Gauges - some working, most not

Just purchased a 99 Supra Comp w/ 400 hours.

Some of the gauges don't seem to be working. Definitely not working: fuel gauge and one of the two speedo's (other speedo seems to be working okay). Possibly not working: engine temp, oil pressure, battery voltage. Seem to be working well: tach, one speedo.

Marina service tech where I purchased the boat said gauge issues are being caused by a failed computer chip that controls the gauge cluster. Said it looks like the chip got wet. Replacement OEM chip they said would be $2K-$3K and it would take several months to get one in. Suggested I replace the entire gauge cluster with aftermarket set which would include all new gauges plus the chip that controls the gauges. Said this option would probably be closer to $1500, but they are still trying to source one.

Not sure what to do. Supra speedo's have calibration adjusters which I would like to still work when gauges are working properly (calibration works on the one speedo that is working).

I would be grateful for any guidance y'all could offer.
    Last edited by mgreatrix; 07-04-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Check out skiboatpartsonline, Ron Tanis is the guy who runs this company. Maybe also on youtube check it out.
    Larry

Thanks Larry! I will check in with Ron.

I don’t know why it didn’t ever post when I replied to this a week ago, but I have a Santera that had Tanis’ update done before I bought it. Definitely wasn’t a bad job to do (I looked it over) and the gauges work great.

Spoke with Ron at skiboatpartsonline and he was super helpful. Highly recommend him, his business and his youtube channel for anyone looking to maintain/repair an older ski boat. Incredible resource! Thanks again Larry and Nick.