Default 2018 SL 450 Electrical Issues

I’m a new Supra owner, having just purchased this spring and have my first issue.

While cruising back from refuelling using my “Return to Dock” profile, I lost all power to everything but the engine. Screen went black, zero off disengaged, stereo stopped working.

When I got back to the lift, nothing has power except to start the boat. No manual switches work, no lights, no tower, nothing.

I’ve reset all the flip breakers and still nothing.

Anyone encounter this or have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scott_ca View Post
    I’m a new Supra owner, having just purchased this spring and have my first issue.

While cruising back from refuelling using my “Return to Dock” profile, I lost all power to everything but the engine. Screen went black, zero off disengaged, stereo stopped working.

When I got back to the lift, nothing has power except to start the boat. No manual switches work, no lights, no tower, nothing.

I’ve reset all the flip breakers and still nothing.

Anyone encounter this or have any suggestions?

Most answers are to do a hard reboot starting with the batteries off, then letting the system reboot.

Are your batteries good?

Could have a bad alternator? The 19s had a recall on the wiring to them, not the 18s. But it could still go bad.

I would look for something loose or a bad connection around the batteries. Like a ground.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks. Batteries are good. Boat still starts and runs fine. Power is there to start the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem solved - the connector by the Dual battery switch had shaken loose and was not fully connected.

Tightened and put in proper place and all systems go.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_ca View Post
    Problem solved - the connector by the Dual battery switch had shaken loose and was not fully connected.

Tightened and put in proper place and all systems go.

Good deal. After I clicked the response, I thought about the connections around the battery selector and breaker switches.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400