Default Help - electrical. 2001 21 Launch

🤬🤬🤬🤬.

I spent the last 3 weeks looking for a boat. I looked at 3 different Supras this weekend and feel like I was going to pull the trigger on a 2011 242 Sun Sport

I have to sell my 2001 first, though, so...

I had 2 people lined up to look at it this morning. So I back it down into the water and fire it up. I was putting the Bimini on it, letting it warm up while waiting on the guy to show up. It runs for 5 minutes then stalls. My heart jumped. It never stalls. I fire it right back up. Great!!! It runs for 45 second and stalls again.

Now, I'm not getting any power anywhere. Gauges, amps, blower, bilge. Nothing.

I'm not a mechanic. I don't know where to begin.

If I don't have a running boat, I can't buy the next boat.

Help!

Roll

I would check fuel pump pressure first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the post above. And how old is the fuel and how often is the boat used? For the stalling - if you are not comfortable working on fuel related issues, better find a mechanic.

For the power, bad battery? Loose connection? Corrosion on connections around the battery or switch?
    2018 Supra SL400

Start with the power issue. Fuel pumps use a decent amount of current, more than an ECU. So if you lose battery power, things like fuel pumps will stop working. Loose battery connections or corrosion will show their heads like this. Address that, then retest for stalling.

Main batter cable was corroded opposite end of the battery. Fixed today, it started and ran fine. Sold it last Saturday, going this Friday to get a new to me 2012 22V Sun Sport!!!

Thanks for your replies!

Roll