Default Santera rub rail supplier?

Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2000 Santera that has given us lots of good times on the water and I’ve done a lot of work making it a solid boat. Still need to fix up a few items, and one of them is the rub rail. It has been replaced at some time before we bought it and it is the wrong color and doesn’t fit well. I have no sample to measure/match up, and my dealer was not helpful either. Does anybody know who the supplier was for something that old? I’m thinking Taco Marine or Integrity Marine but I think I’m going to need a sample to test fit since the one I have clearly isn’t right. If I can’t find the supplier, are there any direct contacts at Skier’s Choice you can point me to?

You'd need to get the profile of the rub rail area in order to find the best replacement as there are many different sizes. I've used Taco Marine to great success. I'll look and see what I have and if it would work on model year 2000.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks Mischief, I was looking at the Taco Suproflex because it looks the closest profile but I would appreciate any feedback of supplies you’ve used. Taco said they would not sell me any samples and that I needed to match up with a vendor, but I don’t have much for that in my area, which is surprising. West Marine is 45 miles away but they don’t stock much there.

You have any pics of Santera without rubrail?

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

No but I can go out and take the finishing piece off the stern and take one side up to take measurements and pics.

Quote Originally Posted by nick 55 View Post
    No but I can go out and take the finishing piece off the stern and take one side up to take measurements and pics.
    Yes, do this please.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

IMG_0321.jpgIMG_0322.jpgIMG_0323.jpgIMG_0324.jpgIMG_0320.jpg
    The finishing cap has an internal height of 1.554", and in the top of that there is a small cut out that is .375" deep, where the internal depth is 1.270". The depth of the bottom ledge of the current rub rail is .208", the fiberglass depth of the top cap at the seam is .211". Top cap height to current rub rail top is .930", from the bottom edge of the top cap to the bottom of the rub rail is .530". I don't know if the overall height of the rub rail installed matters much, but it is 1.54" tall. Like I said, this rail is clearly not correct and doesn't match the contour of the Supra finishing cap right above the transom light.

Any help you may provide for what rub rail I need to look for would be immensely helpful. Thank you. It may be this one here, but I'm not positive. I reached out to them to see if I can purchase a small sample before ordering what they show to fit.

https://www.integritymarinecorp.com/supra
    Last edited by nick 55; 02-02-2023 at 07:13 PM.

It appears five or six of those pics are the metal end cap to where the rub terminates on the stern. I'm not sure you're gonna find a replacement for it. Best to polish it (or paint it) and let it be unless you have a shop to duplicate but it looks in good shape. The kit comes with end caps that are completely different so they are useless. I may have an unused end cap from one of my spare boats but don't hold me to it.

This is what I recommended...check those specs though against yours though since I didn't see overall height from your pics. I ordered off of eBay from a marina out of Florida. It is 50 feet in total length. Can't remember what I paid for it.

2nd OPTION. They have this in black with chrome which is what I have on my Rider but do not have the number for it. See pic below.
    This shows frosty white number which you probably don't want. Just showing you the specs are a bit different than rubrail above.
    Hope this helps. I'm going to be out of town the next week so will check back later.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks, this helps me with what shape I think I need.