Hybrid View

Default Santera rub rail supplier?

Hey everyone. I’ve got a 2000 Santera that has given us lots of good times on the water and I’ve done a lot of work making it a solid boat. Still need to fix up a few items, and one of them is the rub rail. It has been replaced at some time before we bought it and it is the wrong color and doesn’t fit well. I have no sample to measure/match up, and my dealer was not helpful either. Does anybody know who the supplier was for something that old? I’m thinking Taco Marine or Integrity Marine but I think I’m going to need a sample to test fit since the one I have clearly isn’t right. If I can’t find the supplier, are there any direct contacts at Skier’s Choice you can point me to?

You'd need to get the profile of the rub rail area in order to find the best replacement as there are many different sizes. I've used Taco Marine to great success. I'll look and see what I have and if it would work on model year 2000.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks Mischief, I was looking at the Taco Suproflex because it looks the closest profile but I would appreciate any feedback of supplies you’ve used. Taco said they would not sell me any samples and that I needed to match up with a vendor, but I don’t have much for that in my area, which is surprising. West Marine is 45 miles away but they don’t stock much there.

You have any pics of Santera without rubrail?

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

No but I can go out and take the finishing piece off the stern and take one side up to take measurements and pics.

Quote Originally Posted by nick 55 View Post
    No but I can go out and take the finishing piece off the stern and take one side up to take measurements and pics.
    Yes, do this please.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242