Default Start of the 37th summer for the comp

c21 - Copy.jpgtrailer 4.jpgNext week is the start of boating season for us here in the northwest. My group skis on the lower John Day river. It will be the 37th year of fun with the comp. Come with me for a boat ride on YouTube ( Ron Hageman, Summer boat ride 2022)
    I've made a few upgrades over the winter. They started with new upholstery for the 2nd time. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Shortened the motor cover by 4" to give us a little more room in the back aria and glassed in the cup holder holes. I went with the same colors as last time, light and dark gray but used a higher quality materials over a more dense foam. I installed rack & pinon steering. Resealed an intake manifold oil leak. While the manifold was off I had it power coated. I bought a project 1990 comp, because I wanted the trailer. I striped the trailer, repainted it to match the boat, replaced all of the braking system and lights.
    I first saw my comp at the Portland boat show. It was setting on a trailer like this one. When it came time to bring the boat home I found out my sales contract was for a single axal. I was dumbed.
    It's time to stretch a rope.
    IMG_20151028_0001.jpg

Great story! You can't buy a boat today that looks that good and performs as well for the money. Good job on the trailer.

Got any pics of the upholstery?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Here is pictures of the new upholstery. The back seat hangs on the wall most of the time. There's a lot more room for ski prep. with it out. After all this is a SKI boat. And the kids are out of the house with there own toys.
    Attached Images Attached Images