Default 84 allegro, not a missprint feeler

slowly working on cleaning shed out to get it out and cleaned up.
    here are a few picts I have right now.
    hasnt seen sunlight in 22 years. when taken apart had a newer 454 and velvet drive.

Ive never had it on the water, and haven't had the motor running since 2001 at that time it was winterized and fogged.

stringers were bad professional; shop along with my self, split the top, and redone all stringers , floor and carpeting. I had photos of the proces but due to computer crash and webshots taking a crap I lost them.

I have PA title for boat and trailer.

Boat needs interior put back together as well as the motor and trans, and prop shaft and rudder installed.

any questions please ask, I may not be able to respond right away.

Make offer ,, open to trades of other vehicles etc ,
    But keep in mind from what info I have gathered this is the only burgandy 454 they made.
    and it is only one of 2 allegros that can be physically touched, the other is a blue 454 that resides in maryland.

worst I can say is no

captain Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1984 supra allegro 454 pcm burgundy
    in the 13th year of restoration
    actually only worked on for 1 or 2 but been sitting idle for 10

some picts I have in process

some more picts

Howdy Captain Nick

Nice to see you have the Allegro still. I shot you a message on here to see what you might be looking to get for it. I know you said to make an offer but Im not sure where to start with that. Thanks
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

Pm replied

And you're probably asking 12 to 15 grand I bet?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

It's really hard to put a number on it. There is only one other one around to even compare it to.
    the only number i have is what I paid for it and what parts and labor me and the boat shop have put into it. Is it worth more or less than that.
    It's a shame that I have owned this boat since 2001 and have not made time or effort to finish it.
    My hope now is that it sells to someone for a price we both think is fair and this one of a kind classics finds a great home.
    In may I plan to pull from shed and clean it up and get pictures of everything then pursue more advertising for a sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nick1 View Post
    It's really hard to put a number on it. There is only one other one around to even compare it to.
    the only number i have is what I paid for it and what parts and labor me and the boat shop have put into it. Is it worth more or less than that.
    It's a shame that I have owned this boat since 2001 and have not made time or effort to finish it.
    My hope now is that it sells to someone for a price we both think is fair and this one of a kind classics finds a great home.
    In may I plan to pull from shed and clean it up and get pictures of everything then pursue more advertising for a sell.
    You may hate me for saying this, but rare doesn't make it valuable. I've got a fax machine if you need one. Yeah, still no takers and I'm not sure why?

You're talking about a 40 year old boat that you yourself have not used in over 23 years. (maybe never used?)
    If it is currently in pieces, then it is even less valuable. Do I think it needs to be restored because of its rarity? Absolutely. You are talking to a die hard Supra fanatic that has too many sitting around and is currently restoring 2 of the best ever made but when all is said and done and the money is spent, they will only be valuable to me...and value being more sentimental than monetary. I have over $12k or more in my Rider restoration but it is not even close to being finished and no way someone comes up with that amount for a boat still in 1000 pieces. Yet, I would be a fool to sell and if I did, it would be for pennies on the dollar. So, in for a penny, in for a pound.

My advice is get to work and restore it so YOU can use it. I don't know your age but trust me, it will all be sold for scrap in the near future cause the generations behind you don't give a damn about it. The generations that grew up with them are a bunch of old men now that have moved on long ago. That 454 is the only piece someone would take in a yard sale. There is just no demand for it and that is what drives the prices of any market.

Unfortunately, the one guy that wants it is on the opposite of the country and shipping/ transportation costs alone would make it too expensive at that price so it is gonna sit in your garage for another long period of time again unless you decide to continue the restoration. Worst case, you can do a Craigslist fire sale on the parts, recoup a few dollars, and then move on.
    Last edited by Mischief IV; 04-23-2024 at 10:54 AM.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

No I don't hate you.
    Your words speak alot of truth.
    I once junked a 71 chevy camaro, it was a numbers matching car. problem was is was a 305 or 307 plain jane nuthing fancy. Sold parts for more than I paid for the car. in
    Cars I had 20 years ago cant be found any more. I paid as much for an 89 camaro 3 years ago as what I paid for a 1991 in 1999.
    I had a 1992 ford for sell for over a year until the right buyer was found.

20 some years ago I should have got off my ass and got this boat finished. back then I would have enjoyed it.
    Hell when I bought the boat I didnt have a clue what it was other than it was cool. Its a shame Ive never put it in the water.
    it was literally home for 3 days. then went back to the marina.
    currently its been sitting in the shed since 2016 .

There isnt much work left to do, reinstall the motor and trim. realisticaly 40 hrs ???
    At this time in my life I just dont have the drive to do it.
    Maybe If I finish it I would have a better chance of selling., maybe not'
    What is the value finished???

My end goal is for it to got to someone who will treat it right. Not end up another Im gonna finish it someday project..

Up until I got this boat , I never heard of an allegro. For years until webshots went belly up when a google search was done It was my pictures that came up.
    Even now its is just this forum and lanes you tube videos .

Maybe now adays with the social media and the internet, If I list it I may find a buyer , or I may not?