Thread: Extra Ballast

Default Extra Ballast

I was just curious to see how much weight everyone is running in their Supra's. I've had up to 3400lbs in it before X-Mas last year and the wake was INSANE. It was like hitting the D-up every time. Thanks for building these so tough.
    Weight it, gas it, crank it, just rip.

We use our dog Buddy to balance out our 2002 SSV when we ride without any friends, he always lays on the left side of the
    boat. 80 lbs - and I really like the adjustability side to side with the rear sacks. Very cool design
    We don't really need much more than the factory ballast (were not 19 anymore) especially when we have 5-6
    people with us, the wake is huge.
    Jim & Sharon

i've tried 3-600 lb sacs (around and behind the engine box on d-drive) with another in the playpen plus a 250 in the back locker....crazy, people were gettin' worked over but it was fun.

i still have the sacs but most of the time i go without, a full tank and 5 friends is perfect.

Default wieght

I have a 500lbs ballast under the rear seat and 800lbs in the playpen. I also use 2-500lbs sacs and a 350 sac depending on how many people I have out at the time.

I have an older Sunsport and put roughly 1700-2000# of water in it. I have a full launch pad on either side of the engine, a full launch pad up front in the coffin, and water bags and/or a waterbed mattress in the back, on the back seat. Makes for a pretty sick wake. I have had days when I've had 2000# and about 8 people in the boat, wake is insane.
    Later
    Tiffanator
    www.ladyboarder.com
    Core boards, Recent Clothing
    Straightine ropes, Universal bindings
    Glass and Powder boardshop, Newt Juice
    Wet Tech
    96 Supra Sunsport, "Big Whooly"

Default Customer Ballast

I reconfigured the factory ballast on my boat to allow another sack in the ski locker, fully-automated. Check out the photos and post I made at this website...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1027003733
    2001 Launch

Default Ballast

We use a tube sac in the trunk (300 lbs), the factory ballast (300 lbs), and a fat sac in the front locker (500 lbs) plus friends. We have tried more, but this combination seems to give us a good wake and still lets the boat perform.
    dort143