Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

How did you do the foam and how much was the restoration may i ask just curious i have an 1988 comp that was given to me and i need to rebuild the motor the boat is in great shape and i could do the motor this year and the rest later.

Quote Originally Posted by cyndiv View Post
    Did you look into composite material for stringers and floor instead of wood? I have an 87 Saltare that I purchased a few years ago and have gotten 4 good summers of fun out of it. I plan to do the same insane rebuild that you did along with new upholstery and rearrange some of the seating. I was thinking of using all of the subfloor area to install ballast since we mostly wakesurf/wakeboard. I was considering building in what would amount to built in fiberglass containers with plumbing to fill and drain the tanks. It looks like the Saltare has copious amounts of space under the floor for plenty of weight. Am I out of my mind?
    sorry cyndiv, didn't see your question. composites were extremely expensive when i called them. and, there's not as much room as you think. the stringers take up prime space. you could redesign them but then you're getting in pretty deep. it all adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    That's a great looking tower! Where did you get that?
    that was made locally in austin. i can't remember the guys name but it was made for a MC and the windshield couldn't close or open...take your choice. it fit the saltare like a glove and ended up being cheap in comparison. it doesn't fold down though.

Quote Originally Posted by WATERSKI44 View Post
    I am sorry to ask this dumb question, how did you attach your string lines?
    leave a lip of fiberglass and drill a small hole. the lip is good reference for the floor height. you'll grind the lip away before everything is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyjoe3d View Post
    How did you do the foam and how much was the restoration may i ask just curious i have an 1988 comp that was given to me and i need to rebuild the motor the boat is in great shape and i could do the motor this year and the rest later.
    the floor was somewhere around $2500. comp should be a good bit cheaper as you don't need as much in materials.

the foam was simple...line the area with the plastic and pour the foam. don't let the foam sit too long or it won't release from the plastic. the foam will set up in mins, peel while it's still warm.