Thread: Mildew on Seats

Default Mildew on Seats

I have cleaned my vinyl from top to bottom, but still have some stubborn spots of mildew in the grain of the vinyl. Any inventive techniques or products that get this out and is still gentle on the vinyl itself.

Default mildew or discolored seats

apply orange go jo hand cleaner and rub in with your hand.Then clean off with wet cloth and spray with non petroluem protectant. Takes a lot of scrubbing but it works very well.

Default cleaning

Wesley's Bleach white tire cleaner works well. it has some bleach in it though so be carefull! i was advised by the upholstrey shop not to use the go jo. they did say "super green" was ok to use.
    billyo

Check out this website - everything you wanted to know about cleaning marine vinyl.

www.marinespecialtiesgroup.com

Select Products then Cleaning Recommendations.
    2002 SSV Owner

I had the same problem with my Mastercraft. I am in Canada and we have a spray product here called (30 seconds) I have never seen a product that works on mold and mildew like it. If you can find it there? They sell it at Home Depot and other hardware stores here.
    Bruce

Have you tried Fantastik? They also have a Fantastik with bleach! If you try the one with bleach, definitely wipe all of it off and place 303 protectant afterwards. Let us know what worked for you.

Good Luck.
    2004 Launch SSV Gravity Games