Default mounting hardware for engine cover

I need to remount the hinges that hold my engine box, but I'm torn between screws or bolts. If I use screws then I won't have an ugly bolt head on the outside of the box, but screws will strip out eventually. I think the box was originally mounted with screws but I can't remember.

Anyone have an older supra around my year or would recommend screws over bolts?
    -Mark Callahan
    1989 Supra Comp TS6M
    Dodge Ram 3500 for haulin'

Default Screws or bolts....

I have screws in mine right now, they are stripped, but I believe that they have been in there for awhile. I am going to replace them with ones that are a little bit bigger and will be more secure, the ones it has now are long, but quite small.
    I haven't taken my cover off too many times so I shouldn't have too much of a problem with them.

The screws are easier to undue. But if you aren't going to be taking the cover off, I would use the screws, otherwise use bolts and a few extra minutes getting it off for maintenance and such won't be that big of a deal to save yourself from having to replace stripped out screws.
    88' Supra Bravura

You could use larger screws (be sure to use stainless steel) or you could go buy a 3/8" dowel and drill out a 3/8" hole. Glue the dowel in the hole, cut it flush and then pre-drill a new hole for your old screw. It'll be good as new.
    2005 Supra 21V
    1990 Supra Sunsport Classic SOLD
    ------------------------------

Default Screws or bolts?

This year I glued machine screw inserts in to engine cover since the screws would not tighten any more. Then used stainless steel machine screws so not to have any corrosion.

Electro
    Electro