Default Acme 3 blade props

Has Skier's Choice tested any of the Acme 3-blade props for wakeboarding applications? Any opinions?

More specifically, I'm shopping for my '87 Saltare....any insight into what might work best or what was originally recommended?

Thanks,
    Kevin

also, anyone know what size the drive shaft is on the same boat (454 engine)

thanks

Salty87
    The prop size is stamped on the back of the prop near the shaft. The last number is the shaft size. For example, 14x16x1 means a 1" shaft. Hope this helps!
    2005 Supra 21V
    1990 Supra Sunsport Classic SOLD
    ------------------------------

Default ACME 3 blade

I have an ACME 3-blade. It is the ACME 543 (13x11.5 w/ a 1" bore for the shaft). My hole shot is a lot better and the boat runs a lot smoother. A negative if there is one is that the boat is slightly harder to turn and has lost a few MPH at the top end. I love the ACME prop though.

tjhooker-

were you running a 3 or 4-blade before?

thanks

13x13 is stamped on my prop but no shaft size, any other hints? it's an OJ that i got used locally by swapping out my old 3-blade, no receipt laying around.

i'm looking at the Acme 515 (13x12x1 1/ or 541 (13x12x1).

thanks

Default mine!

I bought the Acme 3-blade 541 which is 13x12.5x1, replaced an OJ 13x13 4-blade

Big thumbs up!!! Although i must say that my OJ was quite old, i would like to compare the Acme against a new 4-blade but i'm sticking with the Acme.

Hole shot is just as good as before, maybe a bit better because when it grabs- you're gonna go, no slip. Wakeboarding rpm's are down 200 also to 2700 or so.

Top end improved dramatically, keep in mind this is an '87 which i bought used. boat's never gone this fast for me but not a very big deal for boarding.

Speed holding is great and the Acme is basically a water brake, boat slows down fast from the increased surface area of the prop.

I like it, i have pics but don't know how to post 'em.

If you're prop shopping, check these out!